Open Positions - Thursday, October 27, 2016Production Manager
Title: Production Manager
Posting Date: 6/13/2016
Mirus Bio is looking for a scientist to manage and oversee all activities associated with the manufacture and quality control testing of Mirus Bio’s product portfolio, as well as enhance our capabilities to apply transfection technology into new markets such as viral vector production.
- Monitor product availability and provide guidance for manufacturing and dispensing needs
- Assist with the establishment and upkeep of systems/programs for the validation of processes
- Identify and interact with large customers to ensure product expectations are met
- Handle specialized product questions and complaints
- Provide technical insight for manufacturing and quality control development and trouble-shooting
- Participate in product support activities such as: answering technical inquiries by phone or email and customer outreach activities such as: attending product shows and customer visits, as well as, presenting technical posters or seminars
- Supervise production personnel
- Take ownership and initiative in production-related projects.
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) or advanced degree in Biology or related field with 5+ years of relevant experience including supervision responsibilities
- Ability to work productively in a team environment
- Effective project management and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with cGMP manufacturing and/or virus vectors
- Previous experience working for a life sciences company is preferred
Mirus Bio is a small, established biotechnology company that develops and commercializes life science research products. We deliver innovative solutions to empower researchers to achieve experimental success, ultimately improving life. We are located in Madison, Wisconsin and have a fun and supportive work atmosphere. Mirus Bio offers a stable work environment fostering personal growth and the opportunity to be a real contributor.
To learn more about Mirus Bio and transfection, please visit: