Mirus Bio LLC is a biotechnology company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing innovative nucleic acid based technologies and products. The company currently markets a range of innovative transfection and labeling reagents worldwide. Mirus has immediate openings in the areas listed below. The company is located in the University of Wisconsin - Research Park in Madison, Wisconsin. These positions will offer an environment fostering personal growth and the opportunity to be a real contributor. Also included are a competitive salary and fringe benefits package (paid vacation and sick leave, 401K plan, comprehensive health and dental insurance, long-term disability, and life insurance).
Interested candidates can submit a cover letter and resume by:
Mail: Mirus Bio LLC, Attn: Jayne Trapp, 545 Science Drive, Madison WI 3711
Open Positions - Friday, July 3, 2015Shipping & Packaging Coordinator
Title: Shipping & Packaging Coordinator
Posting Date: 6/4/2015
Mirus Bio LLC has an open position that requires a background in shipping and warehousing to package Mirus products and assure their timely and cost-effective delivery to customers. This person will be responsible for daily critical shipping functions that support sales and marketing personnel in a growing biotech company. This role will support multiple sales channels including direct sales, domestic and international distribution partners. Primary responsibilities are managing inventory, recording all transactions into the company ERP computer database (Microsoft Dynamics NAV), maintaining all Mirus documents that are included with product shipments, assembling and maintaining finished goods inventory consistent with anticipated demand, and selecting shippers offering the best value for Mirus. This position will primarily work with the Sales and Production team members in addition to other departments, and the ideal candidate should also be capable of working independently. This position is full time with a salary commensurate with experience and includes the full Mirus Bio benefits package.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Process shipments in Microsoft Dynamics NAV including coordinating large international shipments to multiple distributors on a weekly basis.
- Work closely with shipping services such as FedEx, UPS, DHL and freight forwarders.
- Maintain current knowledge and certifications for key shipping life science products (e.g. Hazmat Shipping, Customs Clearance, etc.).
- Serve as key Microsoft Dynamics NAV Shipping User responsible for all shipping related ERP upgrades.
- Maintain and access shipment documentation such as user protocols/label license/dangerous goods declaration, commercial invoices, etc. for domestic and international shipments.
- Monitor shipping expenditures to identify and select shippers based on best value to Mirus.
- Provide support to distribution channels that may include shipping of promotional and marketing material in addition to products.
- Maintain finished goods inventory including pre-packaging sufficient kits and occasional pruning of expired products.
- Order and maintain packaging supplies including mailers, labels, blue ice packs and dry ice for shipments.
- Establish packaging guidelines and UN labels for new products with requirements that are new to Mirus.
- Work on shipping/packaging efficiencies and apprise Mirus of more efficient packaging alternatives from time to time.
- Provide support to distribution channels that may include packaging of promotional and marketing material in addition to products.
This position requires the ability to frequently stand, bend, and reach. Some light to heavy lifting relative to receiving and stocking packaging supplies will be required, e.g. ability to regularly lift up to 10-20 lbs and occasionally up to 75 lbs.
To qualify for this position, an individual must be very detail-oriented and exceptionally dependable, comfortable using computers, have familiarity with Microsoft Office applications and World-wide web browsing software, have the ability to multi-task, and have the ability to work independently within a team. No science background is required however experience working for a life sciences reagent company is preferred.
The preceding functions are provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mirus Bio LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.